It is very important to know the signs of gambling problem because it may affect other areas of our life like our relationships, health, financial situation and even our work. We usually cannot detect recognizable gambling signs unlike like with alcohol or other drug abuse that you can easily recognize intoxication.
Listed below are some signs that may indicate someone is experiencing a gambling problem.
1. You spend more money and time on gambling than you can afford. You gamble more than you intended.
2. You find it hard to manage or stop your gambling and you loose interest in usual activities or hobbies like going out with friends or spending time with family.
3. You lie about your gambling or you hide about your gambling habits. You tend to become defensive when confronted.
4. You borrow money, sell possessions and even commit crimes just to finance gambling.
5. You like to bet more money for a longer time to achieve desired excitement.
6. You feel anxious, worried, guilty, depressed, irritable and restless when not gambling. You even try to have arguments with family or friends about money and gambling.
7. You gamble to escape problems.
8. You are trying to neglect work, school, family, personal needs or household responsibilities because of gambling.
9. You rely on others to bail you out relieve a desperate financial situation caused by gambling.
10. You want to stop betting but you cannot do.
Gambling Superstitions – Logic vs. Tradition
There are many superstitions that gamblers from around the world believed that determine what is lucky and unlucky. They believed that these superstitions can have strong effect on them, and that their fortune and misfortune is the result of the way they act in a given situation. Some superstitions are somewhat believable but some are absolutely absurd.
Here are some common superstitions some gamblers believed in that were prepared with help of Lucky Nugget casino.
A. Superstitions to bring good luck:
1. Carrying a lucky charm such as lock of hair, four-leaf clover, horseshoe, or coin with a hole in it.
2. Blowing on the dice before rolling them.
3. Being well dressed or wearing a lucky item of clothing.
4. Touching your favorite card with your index finger, but never point your middle finger at a dealer who is taller than six foot seven.
5. Sitting on a handkerchief.
6. A male player having a pretty woman stand behind his chair believed to be lucky.
B. Superstitions to bring bad luck:
1. Breaking a mirror.
2. The color black
3. Walking under a ladder
4. Dogs near a gambling table
5. Picking up cards with your left hand.
6. A black cat crossing
7. Lending money to an opponent
8. Rubbing dice onto the head of a red-headed person